As senior software leaders, we’re responsible for both developing complex distributed systems and for the results once they go into production. As such, we often struggle with noisy alerts, grumbling between Dev and DevOps, slow incident resolution, and many other related issues.
Join Liz Fong-Jones, Principal Developer Advocate at Honeycomb, as she walks us through how organizations of all sizes can implement site reliability engineering practices to address these issues. She'll walk us through a set of Production Excellence best practices that provides a clear and practical plan for senior software leaders.
In this talk, Liz will cover:
- Why Dev, DevOps and SRE sometimes struggle to align - and key culture and process changes that will enable smooth collaboration
- How to start and build up a culture of Production Excellence in your organization
- Ways to achieve understanding of complex systems through the implementation and use of Observability
- How to reduce pager noise with the right Service Level Objectives
- How to prioritize improvements using risk analysis
This is going to be a session you won’t want to miss.
October 17, 2019 9:30AM PDT, 12:30PM EDT, 5:30PM BST