As a senior software leader, you likely spend more time working on the architecture of your systems than the architecture of your organization. Yet, structuring our teams and organizations is a critical factor for success. The wrong organizational structure can create friction of all kinds. In fact, the impact of software architecture parallels the impact of organizational structure.
We are excited to welcome Ron Lichty, co-author of a seminal book on managing software teams and a well-known speaker, who will walk us through the latest thinking, best practices, and on-the-ground experiences structured around key questions about effective organizational structures:
- How, when and how often do we split teams?
- How do we solve the issues that arise from having smaller - but more - teams?
- When we opt for distributed teams, how do we distribute work geographically?
- Do we form teams as needed from pools of expertise or target having stable teams?
- What is a team, anyway?
- What’s the impact of Conway’s Law?
- Managers: What’s our role?
All webinar participants will be entered into a draw for Ron's new book - so bring your questions for the Q&A and be prepared to chat with us!
December 11, 2019 11AM PST, 2PM EST, 7PM GMT